What if you could stop
the fighting and heartache
and start feeling better
about your relationship?
Couples and Individuals
When anger, frustration, and resentment build up, the relationship you once cherished can become the primary source of stress in your life. I specialize in helping couples and individuals who aren't as happy in their relationships as they once were. Something happened, or the mundane routines of life set in, and now life seems less enjoyable. There is a lot less fun, less sex, less laughter, less intimacy.
Would you like some help with your marriage? I can be reached at 781-652-0656 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You don't have to wait until you're ready to walk out the door for good to get help and turn it around. And, even if you already feel like you're "done," there is still hope for a more peaceful separation. Many people, men especially, are brought up to believe they should be able to fix such problems by themselves, that it shows weakness to ask for help. In my view, it is a sign of courage and strength to seek professional help when needed. Human relationships are complex. It makes sense to have support and guidance when attempting to understand and improve them. I help couples and individuals to discover what they really want and learn to communicate more effectively and more lovingly. Anger and frustration begin to decrease, respect and caring become stronger. My goal is for you to begin to enjoy your life and your relationship again, and acquire the tools you need to successfully handle any future relationship challenges more easily on your own.
- Do you want a happier relationship? A better marriage?
- Do you dread coming home from work, or find reasons to avoid being at home?
- Do you feel like you're often "walking on eggshells" around your spouse or partner?
- Have you had a recent loss or major life event that is putting strain on your marriage?
- Do you get stuck with your partner or family members in painful emotional patterns that keep repeating and never get better?
- Have you tried to "fix it" yourself with only minimal success?
- Are you ready to get some help in working it out?
- Know you are there for each other
- Feel a sense of closeness and comfort with each other
- Have fun and laugh together
- Rediscover passion for each other
- Talk to each other in a caring and respectful way about anything, including money, sex, and parenting.
If your relationship is suffering, it is likely that this important connection has been weakened or broken. As a result, partners often experience fear, loneliness, anger, even desperation. Without knowing it, they then protect themselves from these feelings in any way they know how, often in ways that drive them even further apart. Most commonly, one partner reaches out for help and the other withdraws. The more one withdraws, the more the other reaches out, and a neverending cycle begins, that over time becomes more and more entrenched and painful for both people.
How can marriage counseling or couples therapy, which are different names for the same process, help?
- I begin by carefully understanding each partner's perspectives and goals.
- We review your relationship's history, what brought you together initially, and what events may have contributed to your losing emotional connection.
- We examine the patterns of communication that are not working.
- You both begin to explore and become more conscious of the deeper issues between you that lead to conflict.
- Your increasing awareness of each other's sensitive spots and defenses leads to a softening of feeling between you.
- You learn to take steps to communicate differently with each other in order to increase compassion, caring, and respect, and break the destructive cycles.
- Over time, as you practice new, more effective ways of communicating, your emotional connection is restored, and you can relax and enjoy being together again.
I invite you to take a step toward a happier, healthier life together.
Your relationship can improve.
You can feel connected again.
If you are both willing to try, it doesn’t have to be too late.
The first step is for us to speak briefly on the phone.
Please call 781-652-0656 or send an email with your name and phone number to email@example.com.
Experience & Qualifications
Michael has over 30 years experience working with people and their relationships. As a creative professional and corporate business owner, he helped build and manage two companies with over 300 employees before choosing to become a professional psychotherapist and counselor. He is a graduate of The United States Air Force Academy and holds a commercial pilots license. Michael is an avid golfer, and practices meditation and hatha yoga. He enjoys seeing his clients find happiness, peace, and success in their personal and professional lives.